Netgear EX6120 Extender Setup
The Netgear EX6120 AC1200 WiFi range extender offers a solution for a home, where the WiFi router or modem connectivity does not reach all the parts of the building. Also, it works best in the areas which do not allow WiFi to be used outside. The Netgear AC1200 extender uses 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands to connect with your existing network and extend the signal to further distance.
Netgear’s EX6120 is a Netgear middle range WiFi extender which can be helpful for every person to extend their existing router signal. What’s more, it delivers the streaming speed up to 1200 Mbps. With the advance feature of the dual band signal, you will able to connect your wireless device with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network band.
Features of Netgear EX6120
Provide up to 1.2 Gbps wireless connectivity. In addition to this, it also has a Push button configuration using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
Available to connect devices like Amazon Alexa, gaming console or a smart TV.
Build super high-speed connectivity for gaming & HD streaming.
Netgear EX6120 extender provides 2.4 & 5 GHz bandwidth which allow more reliable dedicated WiFi network.
Extend existing Wireless network or create a Wireless Access Point.
EX6120 System Requirements
2.4GHz or 5GHz 802.11ac & b/g/n wireless router or gateway.
Apart from that, it requires a web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, Firefox 20, Safari 5.1, or Google Chrome 25.0 browsers or higher.
Netgear EX6120 Setup Using WPS Push Button
To set up your Nighthawk WiFi Extender using WPS:
- Power on the extender.
- Place the extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED on EX6120 to light green.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your WiFi router.
- If the Netgear EX6120 Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time you press the WPS button. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it may result in a lot of issues during extender setup. To resolve such issues at the earliest, give us a call at toll-free 1-855-844-0144.
- Move your extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor router WiFi signal.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network. Your extender uses the same WiFi network settings as your router for its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz extended networks.
That’s how you can complete your Netgear EX6120 Setup using WPS button. If you come across any type of technical issue during the setup process, feel free to contact the experts at 1-855-844-0144.
Common Issues During Netgear EX6120 Setup
- Mywifiext.com doesn’t open
- Mywifiext.net not working
- Incorrect mywifiext password
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t connect to mywifiext.local
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Netgear genie app doesn’t open
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Can’t find Netgear range extender network name
- Netgear Extender not working
- Nighthawk EX6120 – no internet
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Unable to perform Netgear extender reset
- Internet connected but not working
- Lost configuration CD
- WiFi connectivity issues
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear extender setup
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
- Extender’s LED lights are not stable
- Can’t login to Netgear EX6120 extender
- EX6120 drops internet connectivity
- Unable to update Netgear firmware
- Can’t access mywifiext.net after update on EX6120
- MAC address filtering errors
- Nighthawk EX6120 not working failed update
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
How to Configure FastLane Technology on Netgear EX6120 Extender
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your EX6120 extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Please follow these steps to configure FastLane Technology on your Netgear Extender:
- Connect your client device to the extender.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and press Enter key.
- Enter the username and password when the login window appears.
- On the Netgear Genie page, click on ‘Do More’ and then on ‘FastLane’ option.
- Now, you will get two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 Ghz’.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
Troubleshooting Netgear EX6120 Setup Issues
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear EX6120 setup issues:
- Make sure that the extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues with mywifiext.net, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power-cycle your Netgear extender once and try to set it up again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during mywifiext.net login.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
How to Update Firmware on Netgear Extender?
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear WiFi extender setup? If yes, then update firmware on Netgear extender right away.Netgear Extender Firmware is a set of instructions integrated into the hardware device. Talking in a layman’s language, Netgear extender firmware is basically an operating system specifically intended to run on your particular make and model number of extender.So make sure to have the latest firmware version on your extender. Here’s how to upgrade the firmware on your Netgear range extender:
- First and foremost, turn on your WiFi extender.
- Connect a PC, laptop or mobile device to the extender’s network.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter key.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the settings menu and click on Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on yes button for firmware upgrade.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear extender firmware update properly.
EX6120 Extender Technical Specification
|Wifi Tech and Range||AC1200 Dual Band Range|
|WiFi Permormance||AC1200 (300 Mbps+900 Mbps)†|
|WiFi Band||2.4GHz and 5GHz|