The Netgear EX6100 WiFi range extender boosts your existing network range and delivers the dual-band WiFi into hard-to-reach areas.
The LEDs on your device are located on the front panel.
- A switch.
- An Ethernet port is located on the side panel of your device.
Use the Netgear WiFi Range Extender In Extender Mode
As a matter of fact, the extender repeats signals from an existing wireless router. You just have to place your device to a good location, apply the power and connect it to your home network.
Apply the power and place the extender
- First of all, set the access point (AP)/extender switch to extender.
- During the Netgear extender setup process, place it (the extender) into the room as your main router.
- Plug it in.
- Let the power light on it become solid. And if it doesn’t, press the on/off button gently.
Connect the EX6100 to your WiFi Network
As a matter of fact, if you want to extend the range of your existing Wifi network, you must connect your Netgear WiFi range extender to your main WiFi network properly.
Connect with web browser setup
As a matter of fact, the WPS method lets you to join a secure network without typing the SSID and passkey.
- On the side panel of your range extender, push the WPS button.
- Within a few seconds, push your WPS button on your main device i.e. The router as well.
- In case the 5GHz band is supported by your main router, then simply repeat the 1st and the 2nd step.
- Unplug your EX6100 and place it to a new spot.
- Use a computer or a laptop and connect it to the extender’s WiFi network i.e. Netgear_ext.
- After that, launch a preferred internet browser (any).
- Use mywifiext as a default web address to access the mywifiext.net login page.
- Complete the required fields and click on next.
- Set the extender/access point switch to extender and click on continue.
- Select your preferred network to extend and click in next.
- Enter the password.
- Set the login credentials i.e. SSID and passkey for your extender’s WiFi network.
- Click on next.
- Connect your computer or laptop to the range extender’s WiFi network.
- Click on continue.
- Click on next.
- Complete the registration fields.
- At last, click on finish and complete the setup process.
- Unplug your Netgear EX6100 – take it to a location where internet connectivity is poor and place it.
Finally, your range extender and been installed successfully. You can use any one of the above-mentioned methods to set up your device. And if you need any assistance, anytime ask us for Netgear extender support at toll-free number 1-855-844-0144.
What are the issues faced by a user during setup and installation process of WiFi range extender?
- Mywifiext.net not working.
- The extender is connected to the internet but not displaying the web page.
- Default login credentials are not working.
- Forgot the personalized login details.
- The IP address of Netgear WiFi range extender isn’t working as well.
- Web browser continuously showing an error message.
- See Netgear WiFi range extender manual for the default IP address and login credentials.
- If you have changed and didn’t remember them, then reset your Netgear device once.
- To reset your device, take a paper clip and insert it into the reset hole of your device.
- Hold it for a couple of seconds.
- Release it after that.
- Prior to performing the reset process, make sure that your range extender is plugged in properly and disconnected from other WiFi devices in home.
- You have typed the URL correctly.
- Login details must be right.
- Login from another internet browser.
- Ensure to clear cache and malicious files from your connected device (computer or laptop).
- Restart your device.
Note: Use mywifiext.local web address to configure your Apple device with Netgear WiFi range extender.