Netgear AC1200 Extender Setup
Compact in size, Netgear AC1200 extender can easily mingle with home or office décor. It delivers up to 1200Mbps with dual-band WiFi. Just plug in Netgear extender in a wall socket and feel the difference in WiFi expansion with increased speed. It uses Multi-user MIMO technology which allows simultaneous streaming to mobile devices. Its superb features are:
- Provides support for latest 802.11ac and b/g/n WiFi devices
- High-power external antennas
- Works in two modes: Extender and Access Point
- WPA/WPA2-PSK and WEP make the network secure
AC1200 Setup Using Netgear Installation Assistant
To set up your extender using the NETGEAR installation assistant:
- Turn on your extender.
- Place the extender close to your WiFi router.
- After that, plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED to light green.
- If the Power LED does not light, press the Power button.
- Connect a computer or mobile device to the extender using a WiFi or Ethernet connection:
- WiFi – On your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device, open the WiFi connection manager and locate and connect to the extender network. When your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device is connected to the extender, the Client LED lights solid white.
- Ethernet – Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on the extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device and enter www.mywifiext.net. If mywifiext.net not working on your device, contact our experts for quick help at toll-free 1-855-844-0144.
- The Netgear installation assistant displays.
- Follow the prompts to connect your extender to the existing WiFi network.
- Move your extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor WiFi signal.
- If you get no connection or a poor connection, move the extender closer to your router and try again until the Link Status LED lights white.
- After you find the best location for your extender, connect your client devices to the extended WiFi network.
Netgear AC1200 Setup Using WPS Push Button
To set up your Nighthawk WiFi Extender using WPS:
- Power on the extender.
- Place the extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED on AC1200 to light green.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your WiFi router.
- If the Netgear AC1200 Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time you press the WPS button. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it may result in a lot of issues during extender setup. To resolve such issues at the earliest, give us a call at toll-free 1-855-844-0144.
- Move your extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor router WiFi signal.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network. Your extender uses the same WiFi network settings as your router for its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz extended networks.
That’s how you can complete your Netgear AC1200 Setup using WPS button. If you come across any type of technical issue during the setup process, feel free to contact the experts at 1-855-844-0144.
How to Configure FastLane Technology on Netgear AC1200 Extender
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your AC1200 extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Please follow these steps to configure FastLane Technology on your Netgear Extender:
- Connect your client device to the extender.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and press Enter key.
- Enter the username and password when the login window appears.
- On the Netgear Genie page, click on ‘Do More’ and then on ‘FastLane’ option.
- Now, you will get two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 Ghz’.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
Common Issues During Netgear AC1200 Setup
- Mywifiext.com doesn’t open
- Mywifiext.net not working
- Incorrect mywifiext password
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t connect to mywifiext.local
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Netgear genie app doesn’t open
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Can’t find Netgear range extender network name
- Netgear Extender not working
- Nighthawk AC1200 – no internet
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Unable to perform Netgear extender reset
- Internet connected but not working
- Lost configuration CD
- WiFi connectivity issues
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear extender setup
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
- Extender’s LED lights are not stable
- Can’t login to Netgear AC1200 extender
- AC1200 drops internet connectivity
- Unable to update Netgear firmware
- Can’t access mywifiext.net after update on AC1200
- MAC address filtering errors
- Nighthawk AC1200 not working failed update
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
How to Update Firmware on Netgear Extender?
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear WiFi extender setup? If yes, then update firmware on Netgear extender right away.Netgear Extender Firmware is a set of instructions integrated into the hardware device. Talking in a layman’s language, Netgear extender firmware is basically an operating system specifically intended to run on your particular make and model number of extender.So make sure to have the latest firmware version on your extender. Here’s how to upgrade the firmware on your Netgear range extender:
- First and foremost, turn on your WiFi extender.
- Connect a PC, laptop or mobile device to the extender’s network.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter key.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the settings menu and click on Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on yes button for firmware upgrade.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear extender firmware update properly.
Troubleshooting Netgear AC1200 Setup Issues
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear AC1200 setup issues:
- Make sure that the extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues with mywifiext.net, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power-cycle your Netgear extender once and try to set it up again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during mywifiext.net login.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don’t panic. Just give us a call at 1-855-844-0144 and fix your extender setup issues.
AC1200 Extender Technical Specification
|Wifi Tech and Range||AC750 Dual Band Range|
|WiFi Permormance||AC750 (300 Mbps + 450 Mbps)|
|WiFi Band||Dual Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz|