Are you facing issues while setting up your Netgear wireless range extender? Have you forgotten the Netgear extender password? Can’t log in to your range extender to access its setting because the web address mywifiext.net not working? Extender connected but the internet is not working? If the answer to the questions is in YES, then don’t panic. We have a solution to each and every problem listed here.
You can solve the issues either by resetting your Netgear range extender or by upgrading its firmware. In this post, we will provide you with both the methods so that you can resolve the issues (whatever you are facing) without any hassle. Read on.
How to reset a Netgear WiFi range extender?
There are 2 ways to do so.
- Using the reset button.
- Using its web user interface.
Here, we have mentioned both ways in detail. Keep scrolling down.
To reset your Netgear extender using the reset hole:
- In the first place, verify that your range extender’s power LED is on.
- Then, locate the reset hole or button on your Netgear extender.
- Now, use a paper clip or pin to press and hold the reset hole on your range extender for 15-20 seconds.
- Release the reset hole.
Your WiFi extender resets successfully.
To reset your Netgear range extender using its web interface (only for some models):
- Log in to your range extender using mywifiext.net.
- Once you are on the login page, please hit the menu icon.
- After that, the extender menu will be displayed.
- Select Settings and then the Reset option.
- Confirm your decision.
Congrats! Your Netgear extender resets.
Once your device reset successfully, you can now go with the Netgear extender setup process. As soon as you configure your device successfully, you will enjoy the unlimited speed of the internet in every corner of your house or workplace, even in the dead zones.
If you are facing issues while accessing mywifiext.net login page, then email and ask our technical department for Netgear support.
Another method to get success to the questions mentioned above is to upgrade your Netgear WiFi range extender with the latest version of the technology.
How to update the firmware on a Netgear wireless range extender?
To update Netgear extender’s firmware (applicable on some models):
- Place your Netgear extender and the existing WiFi router in the range of each other.
- After that, head towards your computer or laptop and launch an internet browser in it.
- Log in to your WiFi extender using mywifiext.
- The extender menu appears. Here, you are supposed to access the firmware update page.
- Select Settings and then the Firmware Update option.
- Hit on Check or Check Online icon as shown on your device.
- If the new firmware version is available, follow the on-screen prompts and update Netgear extender’s firmware.
After following the steps given in this post, you will definitely be able to resolve the issues that are linked with your Netgear WiFi range extender. If you still have any concerns, feel free to reach our technical department anytime. We are the service provider of Netgear.