Netgear Nighthawk AC2200 EX7300 improves the existing WiFi coverage, creating a powerful home wireless network. With incredible mesh features such as one WiFi name and smart roaming, the extender has made its way towards a wide number of homes. Having said that, you have also probably done with the new extender setup for your EX7300. Aren’t you?
But, but, but……! Like any other electronic device, Netgear Nighthawk extender EX7300 is also prone to technical issues. The most recent and common issue nowadays with the Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 EX7300 extender is that it asks for the WiFi password but doesn’t accept it.
Even though power-cycling of the extender works, yet the issue starts appearing in the very next morning again. To resolve the issue permanently, you just need to go through this guide. Here, you will learn different and little-known tactics to troubleshoot ‘Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi range extender keeps asking for password’ error. Keep scrolling down.
Solution 1: Change the Wireless Channel
Your choice of wireless channels may have a big effect on your network’s performance. Your aim must be to select the channel that avoids interference from other radio frequency equipment. It is especially essential if your equipment utilizes the 802.11ac or 802.11n wireless networking standard.
In some particular regions, not all wireless channels are available. However, fixing the issue might need some modifications in the wireless channel of your router. Here’s how to do so:
- Connect a mobile device or PC to the existing router’s network.
- Now, open a web browser as per your liking.
- Head over to routerlogin.net web address.
- Type the login details carefully as these are case-sensitive.
- Under the settings menu, select your region.
- Followed by it, choose a number from the channel menu.
- Once done, click on the apply button.
This will help you fix the error message ‘Netgear X4 EX7300 keeps asking for password’. Bear in mind to use the same wireless channel on your Nighthawk mesh extender as that of your wireless router.
Solution 2: Update the Netgear AC2200 EX7300 Firmware
An outdated Netgear extender firmware is also a reason behind the problem. Netgear regularly releases new firmware versions to perk up the product performance, fix bugs, and add new functions. So make sure to run the latest firmware version on your EX7300 – AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi mesh extender.
Unfamiliar with the Netgear extender firmware upgrade process? We have got you covered. Let’s have a look at the steps to update your Nighthawk X4 extender firmware:
- Turn on your Netgear Nighthawk AC2200 EX7300 WiFi range extender.
- On your WiFi-compatible device, launch the WiFi connection manager.
- Next, find and connect to your extender’s wireless network.
- Access a web browser and visit mywifiext.net login page.
- When prompted, enter the username and password and hit log in.
- Go to the Firmware Update section.
- In case there is any new firmware available, follow the on-screen steps to download it on your PC.
- After that, click on the Browse option.
- Locate and choose the downloaded firmware file.
- At last, click on the upload button.
Now, the firmware update process starts. Let it complete correctly. Afterward, the extender will restart automatically.
Solution 3: Reset Your Netgear WiFi Range Extender
If nothing worked for you, consider Netgear extender reset as the last resort. To reset your extender’s factory default settings:
- Power on your Nighthawk X4 extender.
- Press and hold the reset button on it.
- Wait until your extender reboots completely.
Once done, set up your Nighthawk extender from scratch using mywifiext. However, remember to back up the customized extender settings as resetting will delete all of them. As now the password will be the default, so you can change it by visiting our post on How do I change my Netgear Range Extender password.
Here’s hope that your ‘Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 EX7300 WiFi extender keeps asking for password’ issue has been resolved. If you are still having the same issue, get in touch with the well-trained experts. They will help you fix the Nighthawk AC2200 problem in a matter of minutes.