Amazon’s Kindle Fire tablet comes with loads of fabulous features, making it one of the top-selling tablets around the world. Talking about Netgear EX2700 N300 range extender, it is known for its amazing performance, extending the current WiFi network to far corners of your home or workplace. If you have both devices in your home, of course, you connect your Kindle Fire to the extended WiFi network to enjoy internet connectivity everywhere in your house. But what if your Kindle Fire won’t connect to the WiFi network of Netgear EX2700 extender?
Don’t sweat it! Facing Kindle Fire WiFi connection failure with the N300 EX2700 extender is quite common. Without WiFi, your Kindle device becomes completely junky, whether it a Kindle Fire HDX, the old Kindle Fire HD, or the newest Kindle Oasis. Therefore, Google is being poured with ‘how to fix Kindle won’t connect to WiFi’ query each passing day.
Catching the drift of the issue, we have put together this Kindle Fire troubleshooting guide. Here, we will take the lid off from various fixes to resolve the ‘Kindle Fire not connecting to WiFi network of Netgear EX2700’ problem. Let’s help you get past Kindle Fire WiFi connection issues.
Resolved: Kindle Fire Won’t Connect to WiFi
1. Reboot Your Netgear EX2700 Extender
In the event that you are trying to connect your Amazon Kindle to the WiFi network after the Netgear EX2700 setup but seeing an error, then reboot your extender once. At the first glance, rebooting seems simple but it can resolve various major issues like Kindle Fire connect to WiFi but no internet. So, reboot your extender first before going for advanced troubleshooting tips. Here’s how to reboot Netgear N300 EX2700 WiFi range extender:
- Unplug the extender from the connected power source.
- Give some rest to your Netgear extender.
- Thereafter, plug the extender back into a wall outlet and turn it on.
Once done with rebooting, try to reconnect your Kindle Fire to the Netgear EX2700 extender’s WiFi network.
2. Restart Your Amazon Kindle
Whether your Amazon Kindle won’t connect to WiFi, Kindle won’t charge, or Kindle shows WiFi authentication problem, the first thing you need to do is restart your Kindle. Just hold the Power button on your Kindle and release it later.
Now, when you turn on your Kindle, try to connect it to your WiFi network again and check if the Kindle WiFi issue has been resolved or not.
3. Reposition Your EX2700 N300 Extender
After doing the Netgear extender setup successfully, you are free to keep your EX2700 anywhere in the home or workplace. And a wrong placement may lead you to WiFi connectivity problems with your extender. So, bear the following guidelines in mind while placing your extender:
- Keep the N300 EX2700 in a central location of your house or office.
- Place it far away from metal doors, aluminum studs, and other metal objects.
- Maintain a certain distance between your extender and electrical gadgets like microwaves, baby monitors, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, treadmills, refrigerators, home security systems, to name a few.
- Also, try to use your Amazon Kindle Fire device within the range of your extender.
Placing the extender by keeping take care of the aforementioned things will avoid interference in the path of its WiFi signals. Thus, you can easily enjoy uninterrupted WiFi connectivity of your Kindle or other WiFi-enabled devices.
4. Check the Sleep Settings of WiFi on Kindle Fire
In case the WiFi network is left idle for some time, it often gets disabled. The reason behind is Sleep Mode of your Amazon Kindle Fire is enabled. Hence, you need to turn off the Sleep Mode on your Kindle Fire device by applying the below-given steps:
- Launch the Settings app on your Kindle.
- Tap on the WiFi option.
- Select the Advanced option from the available drop-down menu.
- Next, check the Sleep Settings of your Kindle Fire tablet.
- You will see there a list of three options to choose from. They are: Sleep when the screen turned off, Never when plugged in, and Never disconnect WiFi connection.
We suggest you to pick up the option that reads ‘Never disconnect WiFi connection’ to fix the Amazon Kindle Fire keeps losing WiFi connection issue. Once done, try accessing mywifiext web page on your Kindle to check whether the problem has fixed.
So, here ends our list of the solutions to fix the Amazon Kindle Fire won’t connect to WiFi network of Netgear EX2700 extender problem. Still facing the same issue? Not to worry! Reach out to our 24×7 available technicians and get the Kindle WiFi connection failure problem resolved in a New York time.