You can connect multiple devices at the same time but make sure about router that it is throwing good and proper connection. Set the router free – do not hide it, no matter how ugly it looks like because the live internet connection coming from it gives access to internet on multiple devices simultaneously. It is advised not to hide it at the back of PC or in cupboard, never mess its wires with other wires.
There is a possibility that you achieve a little slow speed because everybody in house makes use of internet at very high range. So, it is strictly recommended to avoid interference from other devices such as treadmill, Bluetooth speaker etc.
In this case, reset your router to the default factory settings or log in to router to get the password. If this doesn’t work, redo Netgear extender setup with experts’ guidance and get assistance via chat.
Firstly, be certain that router is properly plugged into power socket and throwing active signals. The WiFi range extenders vanish all barriers that come in the path of internet speed. It also provides a safe, secure and reliable network. In case extender and router do not provide high-speed internet, set up them again properly.
Grab any wired device: computer or laptop. Launch a web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer and access mywifiext.net login web page. Once logged in successfully, enter the default username and password. Finally, re-enter old password and then set a new password.
First of all, we would like to congratulate you to switching to the Netgear extender. Now, let’s come back to your question. Here are the steps for Netgear WiFi range extender manual setup:
- Power on the range extender.
- Go to mywifiext.net web user interface.
- Use an email for creating account with password as ‘password’.
- Click on the router network.
Type password of your choice and click on Continue.
- At last, click on the Finish button appearing on the next screen.
Kudos! Your Netgear range extender has been set up.
At times, users may experience problems while using the Netgear Extender. So, it is better to reset the device to factory settings. Follow the steps to do so:
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the extender.
- Once done, you will be redirected to Netgear Genie setup page.
- Enter the default username and password.
- Click on Settings button.
- Finally, hit the Reset button.
- Confirm the action by selecting the Yes option.
Now, your device has been reset to factory default settings. If you are unable to reset extender by following the aforementioned steps, chat and get assistance from knowledgeable experts.
Let’s have a look at the steps to connect Netgear EX6100 Extender using WPS:
- To get started, press the WPS button.
- The WPS light on the extender starts blinking.
- If the extender gets properly configured with router, 3 solid green lights will come into view.
- Repeat the step 2 for 5GHz band.
In this way, one can easily connect Netgear EX6100 Extender.