Netgear offers a wide range of extenders and issues related to the same are also broad. Though some errors are easy to fix, some need experts help. In this article, we will make you learn how to fix one of the most common issues related to Netgear extenders – Can’t access Netgear Default IP – 192.168.1.1.
There can be various reasons why you are not able to access the IP of your Netgear extender. Let’s make you familiar with all such issues so that you can do away with the Netgear default IP not working issue.
Note: No matter whether you are facing Netgear default IP not working issue on Netgear EX2700 setup or AC1200 extender, the hacks given in the post will work for all models of Netgear extenders.
Fix Netgear Default IP Not Working
If you are planning to ditch Netgear due to the 192.168.1.1 default IP not working issue, then hold on! Try the troubleshooting steps given in the post below to toss out all the problems related to Netgear default IP. Let’s get started!
- Update Your Internet Browser: While accessing the default IP of your Netgear extender, make sure to make use of only an updated internet browser. If you are already using an updated internet browser, then restart it. Additionally, consider deleting cache, cookies, browsing history, and other junk files from the internet browser before you again try to access the Netgear default IP.
Just in case you are using an outdated internet browser for getting access to the 192.168.1.1 login page, then consider updating your web browser to the latest version. Or, you can use another browser that is already updated as the Netgear range ext dashboard can be accessed using any internet browser including Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and Safari.
- Check All Wired Connections : Another reason behind the Netgear default IP 192.168.1.1 fails to connect problem could be related to improper wired connections. Hence, you are advised to check all the wired connections before accessing the default IP address of your Netgear extender.
- Verify Netgear IP Address : Sometimes, typing errors in the default IP can also take you to the third party site instead of directing you to the mywifiext login page. Therefore, make sure that you have not committed any typing errors while accessing the IP address.
- Power Cycle Your Netgear Extender: Still Netgear default IP not working issue making you baffle? Try rebooting your Netgear WiFi range extender. This can be done by unplugging the extender from its wall socket and disconnecting all devices connected to it. After a few seconds, plug in the Netgear WiFi range extender back to a working wall outlet and power it up. Now, try to access the Netgear default IP address 192.168.1.1 and see if the issue has been resolved for you or not.
- Update Netgear Extender Firmware :An outdated firmware version can also stop you from accessing the Netgear default IP, thus 192.168.1.1 not working for you. In such a situation, update your Netgear WiFi range extender firmware to the most recent version.
Our list of the troubleshooting tips on how to fix the Netgear default IP 192.168.1.1 not working issue ends here. We hope that you will now be able to make the most of your extender by accessing the default IP.
Just in case you are still facing the same annoying Netgear default IP not working issue, don’t hesitate to contact our experts for immediate help.