Netgear WiFi range extenders are one of the best networking devices, offering fast internet access throughout the home or office. Basically, Netgear extenders take WiFi signals from the existing home router and boost them to a great extent. In this way, these devices are solitary solution to slow and sluggish internet connection.
However, like any other electronic device, Netgear WiFi extenders are also prone to flaws. And these flaws, if encountered, may ruin your internet experience.
That’s why, we have come up with this post where we will discuss 5 common yet major issues with Netgear extenders together with their permanent solutions. Let’s take the plunge.
Issue 1: Unable to Access Netgear Extender’s Settings
On the off chance that you are looking to fix any basic or common issue of your extender, the only way is to access the Netgear login web page. After login, you can configure the extender’s settings as per your liking. But the thing is – most users fail to access the login page due to some technical glitches.
Fix: Here are the detailed guidelines to combat this issue:
- Ensure that your extender is turned on.
- Delete all the junk files from your browser.
- Switch to another web browser.
- Use the correct web address for Netgear login.
Issue 2: Can’t Change the SSID and Password
Netgear range extenders come with their default SSID and password. However, these details need to be changed during new extender setup, so that no authorized user can enter your WiFi network. In case you are facing issues while changing the SSID and password, here’s the fix.
Fix: Follow the below-given steps in the exact order to customize the network name and password:
- Log in to your WiFi range extender via an internet browser.
- Now, a dashboard will open.
- Click on the Username field.
- Type the existing SSID and then the new one in given fields.
- Once done, click on the Save button to apply the customized settings.
If you are still facing the same issue, feel free to contact our specialized technicians at 1-855-844-0144.
Issue 3: Slow Internet After the Extender Setup
Another issue with Netgear extenders is that users find their internet running at snail’s pace even after a successful setup. The main reason behind this issue is network congestion. It means all your WiFi devices are connected to the Internet at the same time.
Fix: To get rid of this problem, go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Turn off the WiFi devices that are not in use.
- Make sure that your router is receiving proper power supply.
Issue 4: Firmware Upgrade Failure
Unable to update your Netgear extender’s firmware? No worries! This issue can be fixed with a few, simple tactics.
Fix: Here’s how to resolve this issue:
- Verify if your extender’s power light is solid green.
- Power-cycle your extender as well as router.
- Ensure that your extender is properly connected to your router.
- Check whether you are downloading the correct firmware version.
Issue 5: Downloading Speed is Not Up to the Mark
The downloading speed on your device relies on various factors. For instance, if too many devices are connected to the same network simultaneously or network is congested, you will confront the speed issue. Other than that, a far distance from your router also results in the same problem.
Fix: No matter what the reason is, these tips will help you rectify this flaw:
- Be sure to use the correct netgear_ext login details while connecting to the Internet.
- Try to access the Internet within your router’s range.
- Use a different channel.
- Upgrade the current data pan of your home network.
So these were 5 major issues generally reported by Netgear users. We hope that the aforementioned fixes have helped you out. However, if you still experience any of the above-said issues, take immediate help from our skilled and veteran experts at 1-855-844-0144.